Wednesday, September 28, 2011

BzzAgent: Star Wars Saga


As most of my regular readers know, I'm a BzzAgent. I get cool products to test out and review. Since I love to blab, and many of you want to know what I would and would not buy, being a BzzAgent was a perfect fit for me. (If you want to sign up to be a BzzAgent, it's free and you can do it HERE)

There is a new campaign coming up that I truly want to be a part of. It's Star Wars, The Complete Saga. I have loved Star Wars for as long as I can remember. I was 3 1/2 years old when The Empire Strikes Back showed in theaters. When you've watched The Empire Strikes Back in a theater at that age, is there every really anything else that can compete?

When my now 14 year old son was born, it wasn't long before he and I were watching SW together. When The Phantom Menace came out, we sat together in awe. I couldn't believe that I had fallen in love with Star Wars at 3 and 1/2 years old and now my son was watching a first time ever SW movie at the age of 2 years old.

Through the years my sons love of Star Wars has rivaled my won. My son has been blessed with Asperger's, a form of Autism. As a result, he has some unique characteristics. His photographic memory helps him remember details that most of us miss. He can tell you the entire SW storyline and though you'll probably lose half the information by the time he's done....he'll be able to tell it to you all over again!

Our Star Wars movies are all VHS. They are worn from use. Our VCR doesn't work anymore, and our family has been void of SW for over a year now. My son would ask to stay at his grandparents to watch it when it was coming on their satellite.

Would I be able to review the entire Saga in a boxed set? More then likely it'll be the only thing playing in our home for an entire year. We haven't let our youngest (age 5) watch SW yet. He is autistic and doesn't quite grasp that just because it's done on television it can not be done in real life. He's getting better though and we've discussed which movie to introduce him to next. Someone asked me earlier tonight (when I heard of the campaign coming up) which movie would I start with? Episode I or Episode IV? I'll always start with A New Hope, just as I started. I'll wait a few days before beginning Episode I, so that my children can dream the dreams I dreamed about the heroes past and future.

At the end of watching it all, we'll reflect on the battle of good versus evil and how, though our paths may be wrought with loss, heartache and pain, there is a time and place where good always prevails, and thus makes our hearts soar.  


~BzzAgent Mel

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...