Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Adventures 3 and 4

Ok, so here are the results of todays shopping trips (many thanks to hubby for his help). 

Let's start with CVS. When I first entered I was pleaseantly surprised to see tons of stuff marked between 50-75% off! I was able to get a chocolate fountain for my mother for $9.99 (50% off). I also got a popcorn maker for $9.99 (50% off) and a queen size inflatable mattress with pump for $12.49 (over 50% off).Christmas candy was on clearance also! Here is how today's trip turned out (not counting what the three items I just mentioned). 

2 boxes of Loreal HairColor on clearance for 2/$5. Used $3/2 coupon =   $ 1 each box
2 Pantene Shampoo/Conditioner/Styler at 2/$6.97. Used $3/2 coupon plus ECB $2 = $1 each bottle
2 Secret Deoderant at 2/$5. Used (2) $0.50 coupons plus ECB $2 =  $1 per container
2 Hershey Kisses (1lb,2oz bags) $2.75 each. Used $1/2 coupons = $2.25 each (not the best deal but Hubby wanted chocolate then and there)
1 Oil of Olay Body Wash at $3.89 (on clearance). Used $2 coupon plus $2 ECB = MONEY MAKER
1 Tone Body Wash at $3.88. Used $1 coupon plus $3 ECB = MONEY MAKER
1 Fushion ProGlide Power Razor at $9.99. Used $4 coupon plus $4 ECB = $1.99
2 Listerine mouthwash at 2/$5.50 Used (2) $1 off coupons =  $1.75 each

Totals:               $45.73 
                       - $16.50 (coupons)
                      = $29.23 
                      -  $12 ECB
                      = $17.23

I also used the $5 ECB I had gotten back from the SonicCare toothbrush deal last week so that brings it down to $12.23

Although I know that there are those who do much better then this, for my second week, I don't think ths is to bad!!! Of course, then you add in the fact that I paid $32.48 for the chocolate fountain, popcorn maker and mattress that I wouldn't have seen and bought had I not gone to CVS for the sales to start with........well, they were all three great deals!!

We also went to Lowe's Grocery. However we were inadvertantly overcharged for five items. DH went back in to get it straightened out and when we got home we realized the manager had kept the receipt. Soooo, I unfortunately am not able to post the deals we got there. I do however want to let you know that there was a board inside Lowes that had some great coupons as listed below. Almost all of these were on sale also!!

$1/2 Sargento Shredded Cheese 8oz or larger
$1/2 Sorrento Ricotta or Mozzerella products
$1/2 Sister Shubert's products
$2/4 Steam Fresh or Birdseye products (on sale for $1/each which makes it $0.50 each)
$1/2 Pictsweet Deluxe Steamables
$1 off one Smuckers Snack n Waffles product
$1/2 Green Giant Steamers
$1 any Tyson bagged item

Sorry I can't be more specific of my savings. I do recall that I spent less then I saved today per receipt. I spent $33 and saved $50.

Special thanks for Southern Savers again this week as I couldn't have done it without them!! Stay tuned for more information on how I've gotten organized!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...